Limitless Auto

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Limitless Auto

Toronto's Newest Wheel Alignment Facility

2 posters

Honda Civic Brakes

hondacivic

Honda Civic Brakes Empty Honda Civic Brakes

Post  hondacivic Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:54 pm

A few days ago I noticed that the brake pedal was harder than usual, I thought I would get my pads checked out during my next oil change. Yesterday I found out that none of my brake lights work when the brake pedal is pushed.

I tried with a new lamp, so its not the lamp. Lamps are dual filament, when i turn on my lights one filament comes on but the brake filament does not. The middle brake light (rear window) also does not come on.

Im strating to think its brake switch? Any thoughts? Brake fluid is above minimum level. Horn works, all the other lights work.

I will check the fuses tomoro.

Vehicle Details
    2002 Honda Civic
    Limitless Auto
    Admin

Honda Civic Brakes Empty Brake light

Post  Limitless Auto Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:43 am

Hey we cannot confirm without looking at the vehicle, but the 2 most likely possibilities are a blown fuse or a brake light switch.
    hondacivic

Honda Civic Brakes Empty Re: Honda Civic Brakes

Post  hondacivic Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:29 pm

I dont think its the fuse , after looking at the circuit diagram I learned that the horn and brake share the same fuse, and the horn works so doubt its the fuse. I can only imagine its a brake switch issue.

If I needed to replace my brakes - would I have to let you know beforehand or do you carry parts for common cars?

Sponsored content

Honda Civic Brakes Empty Re: Honda Civic Brakes

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:07 am